Quick links to Technical Program - Accomodation - Venue - Travel and local info.
The on-going work items
presented at MMSP 2013 can be downloaded here
For any inquiries, please send an email to
MMSP 2013 is the 15th International Workshop on Multimedia Signal Processing.
The workshop is organized by the Multimedia Signal Processing Technical Committee of the
IEEE Signal Processing Society. This year's event has a multimedia forensics theme.
The workshop will bring together researchers and developers in both multimedia
signal processing and multimedia forensics to share their latest achievements
and explore future directions and synergies in these exciting areas.
Papers are solicited in (but not limited to) the following topics,
covering this year's theme and the general scope of multimedia signal processing:
- Multimedia forensics: Signal and data authentication, video surveillance, content identification, steganography and fingerprinting, counter-forensics, channel and source identification.
- Client-cloud multimedia systems, applications, and experiences: Image and video search, map-based applications, mobile-based multimedia applications, conferencing, virtual classrooms and distance learning, multimodal collaboration, telemedicine, online multiplayer gaming, context- aware multimedia experiences.
- Multimedia for communication and collaboration: Ad-hoc broadband sensor array, microphone and camera array, loudspeaker and display array, sensor calibration and synchronization, source separation, localization, de-noising, enhancement and spatialisation.
- Virtual reality signal processing: Virtual reality and 3D imaging, 2D and 3D graphics/geometry animation, distributed virtual reality communication, 3D audio and video processing, haptics.
- Scene analysis: Audiovisual scene analysis; object detection, identification, and tracking; gesture, face, and human pose recognition; presence detection and activity classification; multimodal sensor fusion.
- Coding: Distributed/centralized source coding for sensor arrays, scalable source coding for multiparty conferencing, error/loss resilient coding, channel coding and error protection, multiview and depth coding.
- Networking: Voice and video over IP and wireless, quality monitoring and management, security, forensics, priority-based QoS, ad-hoc and real time communications, channel coding, packetization, synchronization.
- Emerging topics in multimedia signal processing: crowd sourcing for multimedia, cloud-based video processing, compressed sensing, social networking, global/local image and video descriptors, and other emerging techniques.
Top 10% Paper Award
This award is granted to as many as 10% of the total paper submissions,
and is open to all accepted papers. Papers will be evaluated based on originality,
technical contribution, and presentation quality during the workshop.
|Proposals for Special Sessions|| |
March 1, 2013
|Full Paper (up to 6 pages) Submissions|
Regular and Special Sessions
April 12, 2013
|Notification to Authors|| |
May 20, 1013
|Camera-ready Paper Submission|
June 10, 2013
|Author registration deadline|| |
June 20, 2013
|On-going Work Paper Submissions|| |
July 7, 2013
|Early registration deadline|
July 20, 2013